10 October 2010

The Bungee

Before going on this trip to Africa, I had DECIDED that i would do the bungee jump.... in the end, that was what pulled me through.

Signing on the dotted line for the indemnity against 'damages'... not that i'd be around to claim anything !
walking down the bridge to the platform with my heart beating furiously and then having to wait there for 20 minutes before my turn.... more than enough time to back out. But it had to be done.

It was quite the experience... un-bloody-believable... very few thoughts before... just petrified, i'm so scared of heights anyway.... but during was unspeakable.... all the blood just rushed to my head and hands and i could see the water and rocks rushing at me... incredible.... and then the jerk of the bungee.... 2-3 times... body going everywhere... zero control. outstanding.

Would i do it again? ummm yes i would, i think.

The Bridge... long walk to the platform
As Ready as i'll ever be

Don't look down. Whatever you do, don't look down

JUMP















Eyes open and enjoy it. Wow















Just hanging out, waiting to be picked up
The long walk / climb back up

1 comment:

jo said...

was feeling my heart palpitate as i read this :))
what a great trip :))

and you would do it again...you nut !!!! :))